Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Review: Heaven's River

Heaven's River Heaven's River by Dennis E. Taylor
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Bobiverse was starting to lose me with Book 3, but this book, nearly double the length of its predecessor, nevertheless held my interest far better than All These Worlds ever did. Part of the reason for that, I think, was because it predominantly follows the Bobs on one particular world, getting a deep dive into the culture of the seemingly cute and cuddly - but also very smart and cunning - Quinlan species. But also, part of it was the fact that I brought my library copy of the book on a road trip to the author's homeland, and I was able to sit and read some bits and pieces of it up near the scenic views of the Capilano Reservoir above North Vancouver, BC. Though the book did drag on a bit longer than it should have, it was the intricacies of Quinlan culture that made me appreciate it the most, and now I can safely say I'm truly ready for the fifth (and final?) book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment