Thursday, November 12, 2015

Review: The Murder of an Angel

The Murder of an Angel The Murder of an Angel by James Patterson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was expecting a wild and insane finale for the Confessions series. Maybe it didn't exactly fit the bill, but other than the surprisingly limited action, this fourth and last book was a satisfying conclusion, if only because it finally brings the Angel family drama full circle. The sci-fi elements popping up in books 2 and 3 are toned down somewhat (even though those were what I most enjoyed about those books, it's okay that this book is a little bit more grounded in reality, despite the continued use of dream sequences and forced commitments for Tandy to give this series an urban Gothic feel.) The romance is largely gone too, because let's face it, Tandy and James are through after his cheating on her (and props to her for not immediately seeking another shoulder to cry on, because I'm sure even without the pills influencing her mood or lack thereof, it would be out of character for her to need a cuddle monkey that badly.)

It's pretty sad that this year saw the endings of four of my favorite Patterson YA series, but I can always hope the man comes up with another one. And hey, the preview of First Love at the back of this book looks pretty interesting, to say the least.

Friend, this is my time to say ave atque vale.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment