Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Review: Caliban's War

Caliban's War Caliban's War by James S.A. Corey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I think I might've been spoiled for a thing or two about this book because of commercials for recent episodes of The Expanse, which I'm behind on still...but at least now I know where they'd be going whenever I finally watch Season 2. After they finish covering the events of Leviathan Wakes, they'll finally start incorporating some of Caliban's War - except now I know they sort of already have. As far as I remember, Avarasala wasn't in the first book, and yet the series included her from the very start. And I'm glad they did, because in addition to the super-soldiers and ongoing protomolecule threats, Avarasala helped make this book very memorable. Not only could I not unhear Shohreh Aghdashloo's very distinctive voice, but she was one of the most pop-off-the-page personalities even in this book that's full of them already.

It'll be a while before I read Book 3, but it'll be worth the wait, I bet.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment