Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Review: Sandman Slim

Sandman Slim Sandman Slim by Richard Kadrey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I first tried reading this book a few years ago, and for whatever reason, I couldn't get into it at all at the time. Looking at the dates, I think it might've been some kind of lingering reading slump after reading Jasper Fforde's Shades of Grey, for which I'm still dying for the sequel...but I digress.

More recently, my friend Harry at work put an official Staff Pick tag on Sandman Slim and he convinced me I should give this one another try.

So I did.

And I found I loved it a hell of a lot more the second time around! I flew through it now, enjoying so much how irreverent and darkly whimsical it was - and of course, now being a fan of Fox's Lucifer really helped me get a better feel for this book's black-comedy horror-show urban-fantasy tone.

Now I know I've got a long way ahead of me to catch up on this series, and it's gonna be a hell of a lot of fun too! :D

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment