Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Review: Blood of a Thousand Stars

Blood of a Thousand Stars Blood of a Thousand Stars by Rhoda Belleza
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I can't believe how much I loved the first book.

I refuse to believe this sequel will be the last.

But apparently it is. And while this final book does provide more than enough closure to its predecessor, it's still...another duology? Really? I'm not a big fan of this particular trend.

But for this pair of books from Rhoda Belleza, she's got a couple of great stories here, loaded with engaging characters, on-point social commentary, and knocks on our overdependence on media in particular. I refer back to my review of Book 1, referring itself to an old car magazine's review of a roomy-interior small car as a "quantum-mechanics grade illusion" - Belleza's got that talent in spades, and Blood of a Thousand Stars continues to showcase it beautifully.

To this duology, I now say ave atque vale and eagerly await any and all future books with which Rhoda Belleza gifts us.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment