Friday, August 23, 2019

Review: Finale

Finale Finale by Stephanie Garber
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I honestly think that Caraval would have actually been better off as a single book. Don't get me wrong, there's enough to keep me entertained in both Legendary and Finale, but there's also enough to make me feel increasingly that this series has had nothing but diminishing returns. The ridiculously overpowered nature of Legend himself does not help, though at least it's clear that as awful as he is, there's far worse in the other Fates. And since this book is split between the POVs of both Scarlett and Tella, with a lot of short chapters and switches between them, it's a breezier read than its nearly 500 pages would suggest. To this series, I now bid anoshe, and hope that Garber improves her craft even more on her next book - gotta support local Bay Area authors, right?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment