Saturday, August 3, 2019

Review: Eliza and Her Monsters

Eliza and Her Monsters Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Trigger warnings for this book: depression, social anxiety and isolation, suicide.

I picked up this book on the kinda sorta recommendation of Lisa Moore Ramée, because she told me that there's a manuscript she's working on that someone compared to this book. Other than that, I have no idea what Ramée's got in mind for her story, but if Eliza and Her Monsters is comparable to that one, I'd say it's in good company. Eliza herself is a terrifically gifted webcomic creator, but anxiety severely limits her ability to interact with others around her - except via the internet, and behind a certain wall of anonymity. I can relate - hell, I do the same with my own Wattpad profile. And I'll keep on doing the same even when I get published, I'm sure. But for this book, I'm happy to say it's a great first taste of Francesca Zappia's talent, and I'll for sure be reading more of her books soon enough!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment