Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Review: The Perfect Assassin

The Perfect Assassin The Perfect Assassin by K.A. Doore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's been a bit since I first saw the first two books of K.A. Doore's debut trilogy - the last one not being out yet - on the fantasy shelves at work, and for a while I've been wanting to read them based almost entirely on S.A. Chakraborty's recommendation. Chakraborty is one of the biggest genii in the biz, so her rec is always a golden one, and The Perfect Assassin is no exception. Set in a wonderfully rendered Arabian-style city in the skies, featuring assassins and jann and ghuls for a lyrical blend of supernatural thrills and chills, and also some LGBTQ+ rep all around - especially in our main character Amastan, who's ace and homoromantic according to Doore herself. And his dynamic with Yufit...well, that's the stuff of legend. It's part of what really makes me glad I got Book 2 from the library along with this one!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment