Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Review: Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes

Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I feel kinda bad that I've now read two Rick Riordan Presents titles out of publication order, having gotten around to Sal and Gabi Fix the Universe first. But this here third book of the Presents lineup's third series proves to be just as rollicking and awesome a Hindu-rooted adventure as its two predecessors, and with a much less foreboding title after the scary ones of the first two - though you know Chokshi isn't going to slacken on the stakes in the second half of her series, not by a long shot. Not when there's only a few days to get to the Tree of Wishes, not when there's the threat of betrayal from within, and not when...yeah, she done did cliffhang us readers again, and something fierce this time. That last line, more than any other, sticks with me and makes me unable to wait for the fourth and final novel next spring...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment