Friday, May 8, 2020

Review: Sal and Gabi Fix the Universe

Sal and Gabi Fix the Universe Sal and Gabi Fix the Universe by Carlos Hernandez
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sal and Gabi return in Carlos Hernandez's second gloriously geektastic, multiversally madcap misadventure under the Rick Riordan Presents lineup, and no cacaseca (I seriously can't get enough of that phrase, judge me), it's just as cuckoobananas bonkers fun as the first book and then some! Everything I could've ever wanted in a book when I was Sal's age - and, let's be honest, I kinda still do. Heck, there are scenes I've written in my own YA, or even adult, projects that can rival a page or two of Sal's narrative in the toilet humor department, but this book defeats them all with a talking toilet that even deploys amazingly well-timed BLEEP!s to censor all the cussing, whether it's in English or Cuban Spanish. And that's just one aspect of this Into the Spider-Verse grade wild story, guaranteed to thrill readers of all ages. But especially the kids. They're gonna need those thrills.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment