Sunday, August 2, 2020

Review: The ​Crow Rider

The ​Crow Rider The ​Crow Rider by Kalyn Josephson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Last year, I was lucky enough to get an ARC of The Storm Crow, and now I get to complete Kalyn Josephson's debut duology - which, while (I know it's a bit wearing of me to say) I still don't understand why duologies have become such a thing in YA, especially, it's a pretty well-done conclusion here in The Crow Rider. (Though let's be real, that crow on the cover looks stressed as hell, though it also reminds me a bit of a character my friend Koda created recently...hmm...) But anyway. As YA fantasy goes, this series does a damned good job of exploring resistance to a nefarious colonial power, with a lot of twists piled up on top of it so such a topical storyline doesn't just play out in the simplest of terms either. Though the first half of the book moves pretty slowly, the second half loads in all the high action and amazement that makes this duology worth recommending. So with that, I hereby declare ave atque vale to this series, and wait with bated breath for Kalyn Josephson's next work...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment