Thursday, June 10, 2021

Review: Mister Impossible

Mister Impossible Mister Impossible by Maggie Stiefvater
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Yeah, I'm sorry to say that Maggie Stiefvater's insistence on sticking to the world of The Raven Boys is, for me, coming up with diminishing returns. I mean, at least this book is perhaps her fastest read yet, and the cast of characters - Ronan, Hennessey, and Farooq-Lane especially - feel a little more fleshed out, especially given that it's been a couple of years almost since Stiefvater last published a book in this world. But again, her tendencies towards aggravatingly thin plotting and airy, dreamy prose drag the book down for its general lack of a plot except in the first and last pages, and quite unexpectedly for supposedly being a trilogy, this book feels like it could just as easily end it all. Or maybe I'm just burnt out on Stiefvater...again. Who knows.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment