Monday, August 8, 2022

Review: The Reyes Incident

The Reyes Incident The Reyes Incident by Briana Morgan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Briana Morgan's latest horrorshow takes readers to the small town of Dawsonville, Georgia, which wouldn't be out of place in the HBO adaptation of Stephen King's The Outsider. Of the three Morgan novellas I have on my bookshelf at the time of this writing, it's easily the shortest page wise, but also the most adult, focusing this time on a young woman who may know a little something about some murders and mermaids in this town, and the police officer who gets a little too close to the case in all the ways. Boasting some seriously unreliable narration for the ages, as well as some sapphic love triangulation (it wouldn't be Morgan without sapphic storytelling, would it?), I'm just sad that it took me as long as it did to finally buy myself a copy. Thank God for birthday gift cards.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment