Sunday, August 27, 2023

Review: Seven Devils

Seven Devils Seven Devils by L.R. Lam and Elizabeth May
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's a shame it took me three years to read the first of L.R. Lam and Elizabeth May's sci-fi collaboration series - for a number of reasons, mainly that my hometown library in California never acquired it in the time of Covid, and then I moved to a town that didn't acquire it either, and Multnomah County and Fort Vancouver Libraries never acquired it themselves for the longest time...but I digress. Here, though, is the first of a duology of sci-fi about women vs. a corrupt space empire, perfect for fans of the Hugo-winning works of Arkady Martine, and comped by the authors themselves to Fury Road. There's a bunch of points of view to go around, and the story bounces around with a lot of flashbacks to three years ago, two years ago, etc. It builds to a pretty nice cliffhanger with a chess metaphor that promises a lot of action in the sequel, which I've already got ready to start reading very soon, thankfully...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment