Sunday, September 15, 2024

Review: Godkiller

Godkiller Godkiller by Hannah Kaner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I can see why this book has been such a hit, and it’s a shame I’ve been sleeping on it as long as I have. It’s a surprisingly small book, but still packs a punch well above its weight class, channeling the likes of Samantha Shannon, L.R. Lam, and Brianna da Silva. It’s a world where the gods are NOT good, but the goddess of beauty has to be the worst by far - the brief snippets of story we get about her are some pretty on point allegories for the dangers of the excessive pursuit of beauty. But that’s just a drop in the bucket that is this multi POV adventure, whose sequel I’ve finally ordered at the library so I can catch up well before Book 3 comes along…

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment