Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Review: The Complication

The Complication The Complication by Suzanne Young
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Promised by Suzanne Young to be the final book of the Program series, and yes, this is most definitely the case. It's not just the end of Tatum's duology, but the wrapping up of the original Program story and the Remedy duology as well. All three main concepts that started all three duologies figure strongly into this final entry. And while it's a bit of a long haul to the end of this one, with a bit of a slow and confusing first half, it's the second half where Young really outdoes herself. Endless surprises and twists, some pretty life-threatening ones, even...but then it all builds to a majorly hopeful ending. Though not every loose end is quite tied up, most are - including one reference to the original Chipotle, unless I miss my guess. And the very last page, it's so symbolically defiant of the Program and all it stands for that I can't help but smile thinking about it.

(Also, rereading James' description in this book, I now realize in hindsight he happens to resemble a buddy of mine from Oregon. Because why not?)

To the Program world, I now say ave atque vale.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment