Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Review: The Way of Kings

The Way of Kings The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A pretty good little piece of epic fantasy, this Sanderson book - which so many at my work have been reading lately, and I'm very glad I picked it up again for the first time in almost four years because, frankly, I'd forgotten most of the details up to now. Rereading this first book of Sanderson's magnum opus, though, it's easy to see just how well-thought-out his work really is. Maybe there's a lot of stuff that's a little harder to follow because some characters keep coming and going maybe once every 600 pages if we're lucky. But such is the nature of the genre, and such is the nature of how much this book benefits from not being speed-read - even if I found myself often reading the book while drinking coffee right before work. (Don't kill me, Sanderson. I know that's against your religion, but it ain't against mine, lol.) Next up, tomorrow will begin my first reread of Words of Radiance. Stay tuned.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment