Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Review: Words of Radiance

Words of Radiance Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Almost four years after my first read of this book, I'm now back with my second read-through of Words of Radiance - or, as I'm tempted to call it after its working title, and one of the other in-universe big holy texts, The Book of Endless Pages. Taking thirteen days in total to read through this book instead of (somehow) speeding through it in three like I did before was, as with the first book, a major boon. Now I get to remember a lot more details, things that had passed out of my brain in the almost half-decade since I first read this one. A lot more of the ongoing missions and travels of Kaladin and Shallan, the impending apocalypse...it's like, how is this gonna be a ten-part series again? What more could Sanderson write in the remaining eight? Well, yeah, it's supposed to be two five-part segments, but still. There's so much more to look forward to, and I'll be reading that which Sanderson's already given us soon - Edgedancer and Oathbringer, of course. And in the meantime, I'll wait and see if my friend at work figures out which book on the table nearest the door is the source of the character of Lift.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment