Sunday, February 10, 2019

Four Years Of Blogging, Etc.

This Feb. 10th marks the fourth anniversary of this blog, and I'm almost not sure I'm going to do another one of these blog posts. I mean, I'm typing this one up, and putting it up for all the world to see, to celebrate the day I founded Reader, Writer, Fanboy. Aka the day when Sony booted Andrew Garfield's prettyboy ass to the curb, a day I only look back on because it inspired me to rant at length about why that was a terrible idea. Naturally, Tom Holland's taken the mantle and run with it like it's a pair of scissors, but I'm still forever salty that Garfield didn't - and still doesn't - get the respect he deserves.


I'm salty about a lot, really, and this year is honestly no exception. There's a lot I still haven't been able to do. Come out publicly under my original name - though let's be honest, my birth name will eventually be all but forgotten except on legal documents. Ricky Pine is no longer just my brand, it's my true identity, and even at work - particularly at the bookstore - I'm making it so much more part of me that people even start calling me "Ricky" IRL. So there's that. I'm still single and lonely, and frankly, as much as I know I shouldn't internalize that, I keep on doing so. Mostly, I think, out of some sense that getting a date, and especially a fulfilling long-term relationship, would be a much-needed middle finger to a society that considers me automatically undesirable and undateable just because I'm autistic, and that my life is otherwise meaningless. Yes, I know, it's not true. But seriously, I can't change my singletude on my own. Believe me, I've tried and been nothing but rejected every time, and it's left me disheartened and dismayed, even as I've found myself with more platonic ships in my life.

So yeah. The past and present aren't doing me as many favors as I'd like. But the future? I hope it's a different story. Because what's coming up is that Koda, the bloodydamn amazing mind behind ChronoWulf, is collaborating with me on a screenplay project. A multi-screenplay project. A multi-teleplay project, in fact. All I'm gonna say is that it's an anthology that combines both our multiverses and leave it at that. (If you're my IRL friend, you're probably in on some of the secrets, so no spoilers, okay? Okay.)

Once that project gets off the ground...hell, not once. Before. Before that project really gets off the ground, I will hopefully be moved up to Portland and living with Koda. We'll be roommates and writing partners, and I hope that we'll be able to help each other grow as artists and as humans. Well, sure, one of us is secretly a werewolf and the other is secretly an Eevee waiting to evolve into an Umbreon. (And get a shiny Umbreon tattoo once the move is done to symbolize my success.)

Not shiny, but still, what a cute GIF, eh?

There's a lot of other shit I need to do first, of course. Save enough money for real financial security. Get a car that'll take me up there in one piece - and drive all-wheel for the inevitable nature trips Koda and I will take once we're both kickin' it PDX style. Find a place to live, a new place to work...my God, it's gonna be a lot of work. But these screenplays of ours are gonna be our tickets to fame and fortune, I can feel it!

By this time next year, I should be up there with Koda. Six to twelve months, that's the window I'm going for. Preferably six 'cause that'd be the best birthday present I ever got, moving on up and finally getting to let Ricky Pine be the self that I don't just save for work and social settings, but that I can be at home too. And that Ricky Pine finally, finally, gets the love he needs in his life.

Find your family.

Till next time, Pinecones...

#FeedTheRightWolf
Remember: Denis Leary is always watching. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment