Friday, February 15, 2019

Review: Oathbringer

Oathbringer Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The third book of Sanderson's magnum opus - yes, I officially consider The Stormlight Archive to be Sanderson's magnum opus simply based on its sheer scale so far outclassing everything else he's ever written - is one of the biggest and most jam-packed books I've ever read. So big, in fact, I heard that Tor had to contract a whole different bindery to get it made. But all 1200+ pages of this brick are worth the read, because it feels like such a slow-mo explosion of awesome. And I mean "awesome" in both the modern and the old-fashioned senses, because as we get more acquainted with the Shards and Heralds and the great social conflicts of Roshar, it really shows just how much Sanderson's imagination operates on a godlike level. Not for nothing is his Cosmere super-influencing the screenwriting projects I'm working on with my buddy Koda! But seriously, this book is such an enormously rewarding one to read, and it's a good thing I read it again because I'm going to want to remember it all before the fourth book (tentative working title: The Rhythm of War) drops next year.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment