Sunday, June 9, 2019

Review: Once & Future

Once & Future Once & Future by Amy Rose Capetta and Cori McCarthy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book, the first in a promising James Patterson Presents duology from partners Amy Rose Capetta and Cori McCarthy, was promised to me as an utterly, unapologetically, unabashedly queer little piece of sci-fi/fantasy. I was sooooooooooo not disappointed! Think an Arthurian version of The Lunar Chronicles meets the space-faring, ultra-diverse future of The Disasters, with a girl named Ari becoming the 42nd Arthur (that's GOT to be a Douglas Adams joke right there) and going on a rollicking, romantic quest to take on a dreadful megacorporation who's out to mess up life for pretty much everyone in the solar system and beyond. Oh and yes, everyone's queer. Sound good to you? It's good to me too, another sign of the James Patterson Presents line's commitment to diverse voices along with Girls of Paper and Fire and sequels. Now let me see...do they have this one on the shelves at work? I'd think I would've seen this piece of neon-pink-cool glory pretty easily, but if it ain't there, don't worry much longer...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment