Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Review: Capturing the Devil

Capturing the Devil Capturing the Devil by Kerri Maniscalco
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The fourth and final novel of Kerri Maniscalco's debut series throws a few unexpected twists into the mix, while giving all us fans some much-needed and much-beloved closure. While the "Devil" is promised to be the same one who's been the subject of at least one popular nonfiction book set in a certain White City, there are other candidates for that Devil's identity brought up - candidates that actually make a surprising amount of sense. And while you'd expect the book to take place in Chicago, there's still a good chunk of story taking place in New York first - including some developments that threaten to undo Thomas and Daciana's relationships and inheritances. But they and their lady loves, Audrey Rose and Ileana, won't break up so easily. Certainly not Audrey and Thomas, whose romance catches fire in this book like never before. I will spoil nothing of this book - which I'm very sad that I didn't get as an ARC like I did for the previous two - but I will very happily give the series its well-deserved ave atque vale.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment