Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Review: The Nemesis

The Nemesis The Nemesis by S.J. Kincaid
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I remember it took me a little while to find and read the second book in this trilogy after it came out...to say nothing of how long it took us to get Book 3. Three years, just about! Holy crap, was Kincaid leaving us hanging high and dry after the cliffhanger ending of Book 2 or what? But I have to say, The Nemesis was absolutely worth the wait, one of the most stylishly spacey action-packed books YA sci-fi ever gave us. And not too dissimilar to another genre-great series conclusion, Death's End, Kincaid gives us a book very much expanded in scope and scale, stretching across time to a degree her previous books never have. And also compressing that scale when a few big twists make themselves known and throw everything we know about the world of this universe out the window, Matrix-style. Kincaid concludes another trilogy as grandly as possible, and I have to say, as cool as her debut trilogy was, this series has blown Insignia and sequels out of the water. But now, to The Diabolic, I hereby bid ave atque vale.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment