Sunday, November 22, 2020

Review: The Ravens

The Ravens The Ravens by Kass Morgan and Danielle Paige
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Kass Morgan and Danielle Paige put their minds together to start a pretty strong new YA/NA fantasy series about witchy sorority sisters, some of whom may have a few secrets in their pasts - and family legacies too. Split between two third-person POVs, Vivi and Scarlett, it seems pretty clear to me that Vivi is Paige's character (she shares a lot of background with Amy from Dorothy Must Die, raised by a single mother, very poor, and living out in a pretty desolate place - the Nevada desert - when we first meet her), so it stands to reason that Morgan wrote Scarlett and her years of experience in the Ravens sorority. I could be wrong, of course...but what I'm right about is that this is a really cool magical thriller, laden with magical bonding and the usual relationship troubles, both sisterly and romantic. Hell, while most YA readers are kinda done with love triangles at this point, I think Morgan and Paige did one that works very well and keeps me, the reader, super invested. Already we're looking at a sequel soon, The Monarchs - can't wait for that!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment