Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Review: Lost Roads

Lost Roads Lost Roads by Jonathan Maberry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I admit, I'd almost forgotten that Jonathan Maberry was continuing the Rot and Ruin with a second series, but now, it's good to see that he's got a second book out with Gutsy Gomez, Benny Imura, and all our favorite zom-hunters - and yes, Joe Ledger, whose main series of (adult) sci-fi thrilllers, I remain perennially behind on. Just like Broken Lands before it, Lost Roads is terrifyingly fast-paced, blistering and bloody the whole way as we unravel even more of the secret origin of the zoms, and witness the rise of the Raggedy Man, naked except for his aged hospital scrubs and sounding seriously like something out of Mad Max. (That I'm reading this on the day that the Toecutter, and more recently Immortan Joe, passed away feels a bit oddly on the nose.) Though this book ends on a pretty solid note, it also stays open to the promise of further adventures for Gutsy, Benny, and all their friends and allies - and if Maberry gives us a third book in this series, I'd be a most happy camper indeed.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment