Monday, August 9, 2021

Review: Livingston Girls

Livingston Girls Livingston Girls by Briana Morgan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The third season of American Horror Story may have had a certain iconic Coven, but it's Briana Morgan who brings us a better one in a better school, one with more than a few shades of Dead Poets Society (the frequent quoting of Walt Whitman and Robert Herrick helps), but also a lot more queer (this book boasts a pretty good f/f pairing, I'd say.) But also, it's a pretty timely and punchy little book, short but full of strong social commentary about a group of witches still facing those who would burn them, and it's the same kind of enemy all witches have faced since the days of Salem. Not the first book by Briana I've read (I believe my first was Blood & Water back when I once found it on Wattpad), and absolutely not the last!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment