Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Review: Cursed

Cursed Cursed by Marissa Meyer
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I’d been hoping last year that when I read Gilded that it would prove to just be so much Prolonged Prologue, but this duology conclusion instead just comes across as…plain old Prolonged. I’ve said it many times that I really don’t understand why duologies are such a thing, and they’ve been so absurdly common in YA SFF especially the last five years or so. Credit to Meyer for following g that trend, though, while also sticking with the fairytale retelling trend of the early to mid 10’s. Unfortunately, this time around, it feels so seriously phoned in, full of dull characters and plodding storylines. At least Meyer brings the story to a clear end, but her glory days are behind her at this point, I’m sorry to say. Or maybe the Erlking just isn’t the story for me - it’s not the first time I’ve read a retelling of that particular legend and come away wanting in terms of entertainment. Who knows.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment