Thursday, January 12, 2023

Review: The River of Silver: Tales from the Daevabad Trilogy

The River of Silver: Tales from the Daevabad Trilogy The River of Silver: Tales from the Daevabad Trilogy by S.A. Chakraborty
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Okay, the only reason it took me this long to read this book (aside from the fact that audiobooks came out months before ebook or physical versions) is because while I did order a signed copy from Chakraborty’s hometown indie, Thunder Road Books in New Jersey, my apartment complex is absolute garbage at taking deliveries at, y’know, my actual building. And no one told me there was a package from New Jersey with my name on it in the parcel room across the complex, and Thunder Road never emailed me, even in my junk folder, with updates on the package in transit.

But after three months, I found the package, I opened the book, and I was duly impressed with Chakraborty’s meticulously researched, enchantingly lush style as always.

Let’s just say that even before The Adventures of Amina Al-Sirafi drops this spring, I think a long overdue Daevabad reread is in order. I haven’t reread since at least 2020 when the final book came out!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment