Monday, October 2, 2023

Review: Of Thieves and Shadows

Of Thieves and Shadows Of Thieves and Shadows by B.S.H. Garcia
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I found this one on the shelf at the library in Gresham. It sure looked interesting, and I was especially intrigued when I picked it up and saw that it was from an Oregon-based author. Self-published epic fantasy? Yes please. But while the book had some interesting ideas, especially from a world building standpoint - a movie adaptation of this one would be very eye-catching with its cast of human and variously furry elfin characters - the story itself is difficult to follow, as is the geography because it's very hard to tell where certain characters are in relation to the provided world map. And the prose is oddly, bizarrely flowery, even by epic fantasy standards. Oh well, guess this one just wasn't for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment