Thursday, September 28, 2023

Review: The Jasad Heir

The Jasad Heir The Jasad Heir by Sara Hashem
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The first of a promising new fantasy series in an Egyptian-inspired desert setting is a great showcase of debut author Sara Hashem's talents. Centering on the lost heiress to a kingdom thought destroyed and the terrible debt she finds herself in to a leader from the enemy nation that led the crusade to destroy hers, it's been billed as "enemies to lovers" but it most definitely isn't that simple. Normally, that trend and trope is one of my least favorites, but Hashem's leads walk the fine line of that tension better than most examples I've seen in recent years. 500 pages go by almost in the blink of an eye - I was able to read this book in one sitting - and no, there is no way there won't be a kickass sequel to really raise the stakes.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment