Monday, September 11, 2023

Review: Seven Mercies

Seven Mercies Seven Mercies by L.R. Lam and Elizabeth May
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm very glad that I was able to read this fast-paced series conclusion so soon after finally getting around to its predecessor Seven Devils super late to the party. Normally, I'm not much for the duology trend - I've complained about it numerous times - but reading the two books in such quick succession is exactly what the doctor ordered. It may have technically taken me many days, but that's only because my reading time has been a bit shortened as of late, especially with library ebooks. But this book really does live up to Lam and May's promise of Fury Road in space, a high flying and high speed and high stakes narrative as we finally set the stage for the fall of another deadly interstellar empire. Hopefully some indie movie producer gets the rights to a film adaptation someday (I say indie because let's be real, the major studios have lost a lot of goodwill with their greed in these times of WGA and SAG strikes.)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment