Saturday, September 9, 2023

Review: Forging Divinity

Forging Divinity Forging Divinity by Andrew Rowe
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

While waiting for the third book of Weapons & Wielders, I took a little side trip through Andrew Rowe's backlist to the first book of another series with a tangential connection at best to the other two series of his that I've been reading on my coworker Tory's rec. I think Tory might've read these books too, but it was Arcane Ascension that he liked the most, followed by Weapons & Wielders, and this series barely earned much mention from him. And I'm not surprised. Being written well before the other Rowe series, it's definitely less polished, but the dual POVs in this one are so detached and dull that it makes the book more skimmable than anything else. I'll give up after this book for this series, but at least I have another Weapons & Wielders book ready to read soon.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment