Saturday, June 15, 2024

Review: The Bullet That Missed

The Bullet That Missed The Bullet That Missed by Richard Osman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Now for the third mystery of the Thursday Murder Club, which I was able to read pretty quickly after finishing the second book in the series. Unfortunately, this one is definitely a step down from its two predecessors, because while I really loved the personal aspects of the individual club members' stories in those books, they just didn't shine as much in this one. (Instead, we get Donna and Chris really dominating the book this time around, and frankly I'm not here for them - they just don't interest me like Elizabeth or especially Ibrahim.) Curiously, while the book really begins with a focus on some old long lost mystery from Elizabeth's old classified days, the cold case aspect captures my interest most of all, especially when it's finally resolved in a way that makes me wonder if Osman is trying to poke a professional rival in the eye, however subtly. (It's giving me Silkworm flashbacks if you know what I mean...) Hopefully Book 4, which I'm starting next, will be back to the same four-star realms as the first two books for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment