Thursday, January 4, 2018

Review: Nyxia

Nyxia Nyxia by Scott Reintgen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Actually more of a 3.5 on this one, but the flaws are just pronounced enough that I'm rounding it down. Not that Nyxia is a bad book, and certainly not a bad debut. Certainly not with the level of diversity Reintgen writes in, especially appropriate given the futuristic setting. (And while I'm at it, wasn't there some Twitter nasty showing their ass over the diversity in this book? But I digress.) Perhaps the greatest issue I had with this book, though, was that the plot sometimes moved way too quickly, to the point where I felt like important moments may have been skipped and/or lost in the shuffle. But when the high-speed plot combines with terrific action and suspense, that's where Reintgen's skill really shines through, and more than helps explain how this book merited blurbs from both Victoria Schwab and Jay Coles.

Oh, but the one biggest flaw of all...

...WTF was that ending?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment