Thursday, January 25, 2018

Review: SuperMutant Magic Academy

SuperMutant Magic Academy SuperMutant Magic Academy by Jillian Tamaki
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another one for my book club at work, and this was a bit of a strange one to rate for me. Knowing that it all began as a webcomic helped matters, because when I started to realize that almost every page was its own brief story largely disconnected from each adjacent page (with a few exceptions, most of these loaded more towards the back of the book when there's about fifteen pages or so of a continuous conversation and some epic action), that's when I realized that maybe this book would take a bit of a different kind of appreciation. Maybe it's not entirely my style, but for what it's worth, SuperMutant Magic Academy is a good piece of light reading. A bit dark in its sense of humor, but also pretty incisive with its glimpses into the meaning of life, especially through a series of teenage lenses each more jaded than the last.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment