Sunday, January 28, 2018

Review: Persepolis Rising

Persepolis Rising Persepolis Rising by James S.A. Corey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I think I can thank Blake the Book Eater for popping in and commenting on my reading status for helping raise my appreciation of this seventh Expanse book a little. Sure, it's more of a 3.5, but because it's a noticeable improvement on the previous two books (both of which I found too long and oddly pedestrian at times), I'll give it an official 4. Persepolis Rising feels like a welcome return to the quality level I came to expect after Cibola Burn, focusing a little less on this Solar System and expanding the scope out to systems beyond Sol. Especially Laconia, a very interesting place, if I do say so myself (and that's with as few spoilers as possible.) Not only does the scope expand back to the level I know the Corey team is capable of, but the significant time skip since Babylon's Ashes helps as well, allowing this book to serve almost like a soft reboot going into the promised final third of the saga. Two more full novels to go, I'm thinking - and hoping that they fully validate my journey on this interstellar voyage.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment