Sunday, January 21, 2018

Review: World After

World After World After by Susan Ee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First off...that cover. I like it a lot, way more than the Angelfall cover. The bat-wings are much more evocative and memorable than the traditional bird-wings (which makes sense given that these books have angels killing us all and being in-general quite unspeakably rude, if I do say so myself.) Not to mention it's perhaps the cover that best reflects the series in general, in my opinion. I am also happy to report that this book is way better than the first one, for the simple reason that it's darker, more visceral, and more pure High Octane Nightmare Fuel. Sure, maybe at times the storyline drags a bit, but Penryn and Paige and Raffe are just too cool to not love, and the monster-movie moments...let's just say it's no wonder Sam Raimi gave this series a lot of love and his blurb is on the back covers of the whole trilogy now. As with Angelfall, World After is a must-read for everyone!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment