Monday, March 9, 2015

Night Shift: Daniel and Mary

The amazing B.R. Myers cannot seem to get her wild and crazy and amazing Night Shift Trilogy published and sold in bookstores all over the world like it deserves. (There's a reason why, in the Red Rain and Dark Ice Chronicles 'verse, it's been published officially so Alex, Fionna, Jay, Evan, etc. don't have to go to Wattpad in order to read it. Sometimes, fiction is better than reality.)

But, for now, it's available on Wattpad for all to read. The first two books (Night Shift and Black Friday) are finished, with the third, Final Sale, now in progress. And, in celebration of the beginning of the end of this series, I have created what may be the world's first-ever fanart of Myers' lead characters, Daniel and Mary.



In one hand, they each hold one of the Willard's keys. In the other hand, invisible to the viewer, they each hold a chocolate.

Also, with apologies to Ms. Myers - while I went back to the first book to make sure I got the details of Mary's appearance right, I apparently failed to notice she'd added a cast list to her story, with Emily Browning as Mary. I, however, modeled my version of Mary on Teresa Palmer.

Enjoy! Next up, the boys of Deadpool Syndrome - Peter, Clint, Tony, Steve, Hiro, Tadashi, and of course Baymax. :D

4 comments:

  1. Ric-ky! Ric-ky! Ric-ky! That's the crowd cheering your name. Dude, this is seriously awesome. I'm touched. You captured both Daniel and Mary perfectly. Even the outfits are bang on. Yay!!!

    I'm going to put this on my Pinterest Board with a link back to your blog, if that's okay. I know you're a busy guy, writing and drawing, and whatever young fellas do these days, so I appreciate the time you took to work on this.

    Thank you,

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, everyone. :D Go ahead and put it on Pinterest, I don't mind.

      Delete
  2. Oops, I forgot to add that I checked out Teresa Palmer. I remember watching that movie '2:37' years ago. Very chilling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know so much about that one, but I saw Teresa Palmer in I Am Number Four, alongside Alex Pettyfer, and I used to ship their characters together, so that was the source of my idea to use her likeness as the inspiration for my sketch. :)

      Delete