Monday, October 30, 2017

Review: Cinder

Cinder Cinder by Marissa Meyer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thus beginneth the best "let's-take-a-fairy-tale-and-fracture-it" story since Once Upon a Time, easily. In fact, it's actually pretty easy to see certain characters from the Once-verse as their counterparts here, but none more so than Levana:

Ana, or Levana?

I also liked the way Meyer kept throwing in little details that allowed me to guess where the story would go next, but not actually act on those details until much later. My favorite character by far, though, is Kai, that excellently written Prince Snarking, followed closely by Iko and Cinder herself. Not for nothing did I write an in-universe movie adaptation into Red Rain as the Snow Bros' double date with their respective love interests.

Okay. Having finished my long-overdue reread of this first Lunar Chronicles book, I'll soon be continuing with the rest of the series. Scarlet, Cress, and Fairest are already in my TBR pile, with Winter and Stars Above soon to follow. Stay tuned!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment