Friday, March 15, 2019

Review: Give the Dark My Love

Give the Dark My Love Give the Dark My Love by Beth Revis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I can't remember how long it's been since Beth Revis put out a new book. Not since her Rogue One tie-in Rebel Rising, I don't think...and that was about two years ago. And this book, it seems to have somehow taken me almost six months to get around to reading, so that throws my calculations a little further off. But as for this book, it's gotta be the most unique offering I've yet seen from Revis. It's been a while since I saw a good fantasy dystopian - can we count These Rebel Waves as such? - but Revis delivers pretty well here, blending medieval-esque fantasy with necromancy to make a surprisingly topical zombie story. Perhaps it's a little underdeveloped in one of the two POVs we get - Grey gets a lot less time to offer his two cents on the page than our star of the show Nedra - but the political parallels to today are unmistakable, and with that nasty little cliffhanger, there's no way I'm not going to read the second book. Which already has a title and a cover, as I've recently noticed, so I'm getting a little more hyped now...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment