Sunday, March 17, 2019

Review: Supergirl: Master of Illusion

Supergirl: Master of Illusion Supergirl: Master of Illusion by Jo Whittemore
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

For Master of Illusion, the conclusion to Jo Whittemore's awe and some Supergirl trilogy, I was hoping for a story that would continue in the style of the first two books, and cap the whole thing off with as much fun as Season 2 Supergirl was. (Before Quarter Queller wrecked the party in Season 3, but let's not go there.)

I was not disappointed. Well, maybe just a little because of Lena Luthor's presence setting my teeth on edge (though, as with everyone else, Whittemore does a far better job of writing her, to the point where I'm pretty secure in my supposition that most of me not liking Lena on the show owes more to KMG's dreadful acting than anything else), but for a fun little kid-friendly thriller full of awe and some shenanigans? And of course some sweeeeeeeeet Karamel love?






Signed, sealed, and delivered, I'm yours, space bunnies. You two are my main reason for continuing with this trilogy even after I quit watching the show, and my main reason for selling the book as much as I can at work.

To Supergirl, I now say ave atque vale - but I'm not leaving her forever. I've still got plans for her in my fanfics, and of course I'm gonna keep on reading those of my dear friend Sam, about the biggest Karamel fan I know! :D

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment