Friday, September 6, 2019

Review: Soul of the Sword

Soul of the Sword Soul of the Sword by Julie Kagawa
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The ARC I got of the first book lists the title as Demon of the Blade, but GR has something different...either way, I'm just super psyched this book is coming!



And super mad that I have to wait after that bloodydamn cliffhanger from Book 1!



(Edit: No, I didn't get an ARC of the second book, that was a silly slip of the type on my part!)

But after reading this second book, I'm very glad it came out less than a year after Shadow of the Fox, the way some of Kagawa's earlier books have done - because now that that cliffhanger has come and gone, the stakes are higher than ever, and there's some really nasty magic that needs to be undone if peace is ever to be had in this kingdom.

Of course, there's still one more book to go, so the wait continues. But only till next year or so. And at least Night of the Dragon has a less-than-a-year gap too, thank all the gods!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment