Thursday, October 14, 2021

Review: The Bronzed Beasts

The Bronzed Beasts The Bronzed Beasts by Roshani Chokshi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Since Roshani Chokshi isn't ending the Pandava series from Rick Riordan Presents with four books as was the original plan, this now marks the first time I'm completing one of her series, and it's a pretty wild ride all the way to the end in this one. Perhaps a little too wild, because then the ending feels surprisingly anticlimactic in a few ways. But given the ways the first two books ended, I'd say we who've stuck with this trilogy from beginning to end get the ending we want and deserve the most. And the cast of characters from all across the globe shines brighter here than ever before - I think Enrique's far and away my fave for sure, especially as a bi boy, and I'm even more glad that Chokshi goes out of her way to avoid certain stereotypes there. (Which I wish she could've done a bit better with when writing Zofia, whom I still feel is a little too reliant on autistic stereotypes, but I digress.) To this series, though, I now bid the ave atque vale it has merited after two-plus years.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment