Sunday, October 24, 2021

Review: Mouth Full of Ashes

Mouth Full of Ashes Mouth Full of Ashes by Briana Morgan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As a Bay Area boy, I unfortunately was never lucky enough to get to visit Santa Cruz. Except in movies like Us, and movies with fictional counterparts to NorCal's most famous beach town. Santa Carla in The Lost Boys, Sunnydale on Buffy...and now, with particular inspiration from the former, Briana Morgan's new novella and its setting of Neap Bay. Blessed with a beautiful cover art and a haunting story that packs a serious punch (and is as wonderfully queer-inclusive as any Morgan story), I have to say that its only real flaw is that the book is just too short. But it makes it easier to devour in...well, I wasn't fortunate enough to have time for a single sitting on this one, but I came close. Very close.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment