Monday, February 19, 2024

Review: A Plague of Giants

A Plague of Giants A Plague of Giants by Kevin Hearne
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I thought I might have attempted to read this book once when it first came out, but I guess this is my first time leaving a review here for it. Oh well. Unfortunately, if I did read it back then, I must not have remembered it well at all. And this time, I'm remembering it for the wrong reasons. Normally, I would have expected I'd love a fantasy novel with a bard in the center of it all, but the disjointed narratives of several characters, only a small handful of whom are memorable and most of whom are difficult to tell apart...it's a recipe for disaster, reminding me unpleasantly of The Witcher, especially the TV series adaptation which I gave up on because of how much the writers bungled the job on that one. Hearne's earned his laurels years ago for The Iron Druid Chronicles, but recapturing that magic? I'm still waiting for that day to come.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment