Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Review: The Spy Coast

The Spy Coast The Spy Coast by Tess Gerritsen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ahh, finally, a breath of fresh air to take me out of my current reading slump. Gerritsen says that this book, the start of a promising new series, took some inspiration from the fact that apparently the small town in Maine where she moved in her golden years is also full of golden-years people...and many of them have some secrets in their pasts that they can't talk about even to their doctors. Thus was the genesis of The Spy Coast, where spies may retire in peace...until someone comes along with an agenda rooted in a past mission gone wrong. Though that mission in Malta is undeniably a tragic one when its details are revealed in an extended flashback in the third act, it's still a well earned mention of the land of my mother's mothers, one that makes me really want to see the movie adaptation happen sooner rather than later. Seeing as Amazon published this book through one of their imprints, I would hope they also get to produce the film adaptation in house for Prime Video as well. As long as they film on location properly, and give it the theatrical release it deserves as well...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment