Saturday, March 9, 2024

Review: The Spear Cuts Through Water

The Spear Cuts Through Water The Spear Cuts Through Water by Simon Jimenez
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

This one unfortunately is a classic case of not only "interesting premise but poor execution," but also "just not for me." I wanted to like this one, but when the book immediately launches into a long winded second person POV narrative (which is historically off putting for a reason; I'm still surprised to this day I managed to read N.K. Jemisin's entire Broken Earth trilogy, but then at least she didn't do second person POV the whole time like this book does - hell, I checked the acknowledgments in the back and Jimenez wrote those in second person too), it's just way too hard to get into all at once. Sorry to say this one is an official DNF for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment