Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Review: Dark Star Burning, Ash Falls White

Dark Star Burning, Ash Falls White Dark Star Burning, Ash Falls White by Amélie Wen Zhao
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It's such good fortune that despite the ridiculous Book Twitter attempts to cancel her career before it even got started (the North remembers, as does Pepperidge Farm, and so do I), Zhao now has two completed fantasy series under her belt. I was more than a bit surprised to see that she decided to go with the duology route in this one, but after reading this book, I can see where she made it work at that length of series rather than try to stretch things out into a trilogy. Though this series is unfortunately not my favorite of Zhao's, it's undeniably richly steeped in the stories and legends of China of old, and I'd say she does a great job of wrapping up the story in this one. As always, I can't wait to see what great new story Zhao's got in mind next, but for now, this series gets a well-earned 告别 from me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment