Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Review: Dr. No

Dr. No Dr. No by Percival Everett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As Finn from Adventure Time would say, "MATHEMATICAL!"

As Cosmo from The Fairly Oddparents would say, "It's a show about nothing!...how do we know when it's over?"

As John Cage would say, "4' 33"."

This book has a literal lot of nothing going on, it's a nothingburger in an organic nothing bun with a spread of nothing condiments. And while I've still experienced little of Percival Everett's expansive bibliography yet, it's still got me wanting to read more, even though I didn't like this one as much as Erasure or James. Still, though, Everett maintains his signature blunt satire and philosophically rambling style with a James Bond send-up that's about as anti-Bond as it gets, and on that bottom line, he delivers.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment