Scion by James IslingtonMy rating: 2 of 5 stars
James Islington said that this little cyberpunk novella was a nice little diversion for him in between entries in his current epic fantasy saga, but for the rest of us, I guess not so much. Though it boasts the prettiest packaging of all of Islington’s books, especially getting the spredge treatment as is so common these days, I guess there’s a reason why the dust jacket copy is only in the protagonist’s POV and doesn’t really tell us much about the book itself. Because while it’s fast moving and action packed - both very unusual to hear about an Islington book - it’s also very indistinguishable from almost everything else in the genre, being far more oriented towards tropes than plot or characters. And yet, Islington seems ready to make a series out of this one. I probably won’t be reading, sadly.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment